Other Half Brewing Company is looking for an experienced, creative, hardworking Brewer with a strong sense of quality and integrity to join our Brooklyn, New York based team. The ideal candidate should have at least two years professional brewing experience – a formal brewing education is a plus. Responsibilities include all facets of the brewing process including wort production, cellaring operations, and some packaging duties. The successful applicant will have a rigorous approach to quality standards and an unconditional commitment to making exceptional beer.
This is a very hands-on position. Flexibility with schedule and ability to work evenings, graveyard shifts, and weekends is a must. The candidate must be able to multi-task efficiently, problem solve, and work well with others and independently. Thorough knowledge of process, quality, and ingredients is obligatory. Moreover, strong planning and organizational abilities are essential. Communication skills, both written and oral, attention to detail, and an emphasis on quality are paramount for success in this role. We offer competitive salary and benefits. This is a full time position that reports to the Head Brewer.
Other Half will be transitioning from a two vessel 15 barrel Global Stainless brewhouse to a four vessel 30 barrel Premiere Stainless brewhouse this fall and will produce over 15,000 barrels in 2019 at our Brooklyn location. In addition to our Brooklyn facility, Other Half will be opening a second location near Rochester, New York later this year. This opening is for our Brooklyn brewery.
- Minimum two years professional brewing experience
- Formal brewing education preferred
- Principal focus on quality and safety
- Proven ability to ensure efficiency in brewing and fermentation operations
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Must be able to multi-task and problem solve
- Ability to strictly adhere to established recipes, processes, and SOPs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Safe chemical handling knowledge
- Mechanical aptitude – knowledge of machinery and systems
- Strong work ethic and dedication to improvement of quality and processes
- Ability to safely and repeatedly lift 50 lbs.
- Forklift aptitude
- Must be able to accommodate flexible schedule including nighttime and weekend shift work
- Work in hot/cold and wet environments that requiring twisting, bending, and pulling in tight areas
- Stand for the duration of an 8-hour shift
- Use a ladder
- Malt handling and wort production
- Dry hopping
- Packaging operations – keg filling and additional support
- Responsible for documentation of brewing activities
- Maintain safe and clean working environment and comply with all applicable procedures
- Yeast management including harvesting, pitching and record keeping
- CIP of fermenters, brite tanks, separation equipment, and general cleaning
- Foster a safety culture by using proper PPE and best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Google G Suite, and Orchestrated Beer
- Must efficiently multitask during an 8-hour shift
- Familiarity with GEA Westfallia centrifuges
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]